3-Point Sprayers
Buyers Guide

About 3-Point Sprayers

3-point sprayers are extremely useful in a variety of horticulture and agriculture applications. They connect to the 3-point hitch on a tractor to spray larger areas such as golf courses, athletic fields, pastures, crop fields and acre-plus lawns.


There are three categories of tractor hitches. Make sure you know which one your tractor has before selecting a 3-point sprayer; doing so will help you avoid purchasing an incompatible 3-point sprayer.


Most 3-point sprayers connect to the tractor's PTO (power take-off) to draw tractor engine horsepower to power the sprayer pump. Those that don't often have an electric-driven pump.


Sprayers that connect to a PTO have something called a roller pump, which allows for the spraying of different types of materials. The superior pump components found on this type of sprayer stand up well to harsher chemicals such as glyphosate, the standard ingredient found in Roundup.


Back to Sprayer Buyer Guide

How they can vary

  • Power source (tractor PTO vs. electric-driven)
  • Variety of boom styles
  • Some have boomless nozzles which distribute the chemical more "up and out" for wider coverage
  • Tank capacity can vary from roughly 50 gal. all the way up to 300

Our Top Pick

Fimco 3 Point Sprayer, 4.5 GPM 12V 40 Gal

This impressive sprayer is small enough for maneuverability, yet big enough for larger jobs.

What it is

The Fimco 3-Point Tractor Sprayer has a 40-gal. corrosion-resistant polyethylene tank that's small enough for maneuverability, yet big enough for larger jobs. Features a 2.1-gpm, 12V pump with adjustable pressure gauge that generates up to 60 psi when used with a No. 2 spray tip. Sprayer weighs 80 lb.

Why it's the best

  • Bolted-on frame for enhanced tractor mobility
  • 25 feet of vertical spray and 40 feet of horizontal spray
  • Hose and spray gun enable use near buildings and along fence lines
  • Corrosion- and UV-resistant polyethylene tank
  • Great balance of features and price

Looking for more?

Capacities ranging from 40 to 300 gallons.

Gempler's carries quality 3-point sprayers from Schaben, Fimco and Kings Ag

Common Replacement Parts

Let's face it, parts wear out from time to time. Get more life out of your existing 3-point sprayer by shopping our extensive inventory of replacement parts.

Must-Have Accessories

These popular items will help equip you with everything you need to spray both efficiently and safely, day after day.