- product_inactive: false
- substituted: false
- discontinued: false
Added to your cart!
Agratronix Soil Compaction Tester x 1
Don't let compacted soil reduce your crop yields - monitor soil compaction quickly and easily with this tester
The agraTronix Soil Compaction Tester allows you to check your soil for hardpan quickly and easily, regardless of the soil type. The color-coded, liquid-filled dial reads in pounds per square inch of pressure it takes to penetrate the soil. Benefits of soil compaction testing are increased yield by increasing root and plant development, increased effectiveness of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides, and increased soil water retention.
- Penetration Depth: 24” stainless steel probe features depth marks in 3” increments and adjustable shock collar to prevent damage to the gauge during transport
- Two Tips Included: 1/2″ tip for firm soil, 3/4″ tip for soft soil with convenient storage in tester housing
- Durable Construction: Molded housing with rubber grip handles
- Convenient Storage: Hanger hole with nail included for easy storage on wall or above workbench
- Easy to Read: Color-coded, stainless steel dial is liquid filled to reduce shock
- Green testing range (0-200 psi): good growing conditions
- Yellow testing range (200-300 psi): fair growing conditions
- Red testing range (300 psi and above): poor growing conditions