PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Gempler’s Inc. and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and brands (collectively “Gempler’s”) respects the privacy of its customers and is committed to protecting their privacy through compliance with this Policy.
About This Policy. This notice describes Gempler’s Policy as it relates to how Gempler’s collects and uses information obtained via each website on which this Policy is posted (“the Site”), including mobile websites and smart phone applications. This Policy does not apply to information collected via other forums, including by e‑mail or offline. Please read this Policy carefully. If any customer who visits the Site (each, a “User”) does not agree with this Policy, User’s choice is to not use the Site. By accessing or using the Site, User agrees to this Policy.
Information that Gempler’s Collects. The Site automatically collects general data pertaining to each User including, but not limited to, the User’s IP address, tracking codes, domain name, the length of each visit, and the pages accessed during each visit. This may also include GPS locations for some mobile applications. Gempler’s also collects personally identifiable and transactional information provided by User that purchase products from the Site. This information may include the User’s name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, credit card number/expiration date. Gempler’s may also retain the content of the communications that are sent to its customer service representatives.
How Gempler’s Collects Information. Gempler’s collects information in various ways:
- Gempler’s collects information directly from User. Gempler’s will receive personal information directly from User when they register on the Site, participate in a survey, fill out a form requesting information, or place an order.
- Gempler’s collects information passively. Gempler’s (or vendors acting on Gempler’s behalf) uses common collection techniques, like cookies and web beacons, to obtain information such as each User’s IP address, domain name, length of time spent visiting this Site, and GPS location.
- Gempler’s obtains information from third parties. Gempler’s may receive personal information about User from its suppliers, resellers, and other business partners.
Use of Information Collected. Gempler’s uses the information as follows:
- To respond to User’s requests or inquiries and to fill orders;
- To understand the use of the Site, improve the content of the Site, customize the shopping experience for User, and otherwise improve Gempler’s products, services, the Site, and User’s online experience;
- To notify User of changes to the Site, new products and services, and for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose, including to notify User of changes to this Policy, Gempler’s website Terms, or other terms that may impact use of the Site;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site, Gempler’s, or Gempler’s customers, and User; and
- To determine User’s browser, recognize new visitors or existing users, and better understand Gempler’s audience, customers, and User (including by using tracking tools).
Information Sharing. Gempler’s may share User information as follows without further permission from User:
- Among its various subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, parent organizations, and brands;
- With third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and others who perform services on its behalf;
- With any successor to Gempler’s interest, or otherwise in connection with a merger, sale, or transfer of all or part of its business operations;
- In response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to exercise Gempler’s legal rights and defend against legal claims.
Gempler’s may share User information with third parties whose products or services might be of interest to User or for joint promotional purposes. You may opt out of receiving these promotions by following the procedure below:
- Recipients of Gempler’s marketing messages can unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mail by using the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the message or by sending a request with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- User can request that their personal information not be shared with third parties solely for marketing purposes by sending a request with “do not share” in the subject line to email@example.com. Because mailing lists are prepared in advance of each promotion, User may be sent a couple of promotions before the change is effective.
- Gempler’s may work with online advertising companies to provide User with advertising that is tailored to the User’s interests. These ads may be served on Gempler’s websites and other third party sites that User may visit. These ads may be based on information gathered as User browses Gempler’s website. They may also be based on information from User’s transactions with Gempler’s. The companies Gempler’s works with participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program provides User with the ability to opt out of receiving online behavioral advertising by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices. If User deletes cookies, uses a different browser, or buys a new computer, User may need to renew the opt-out choice.
- User can turn off cookies in browser settings, but by blocking these cookies User may not be able to access certain functionality on Gempler’s websites.
Security. The Site uses industry-standard encryption technology to provide for the security of credit card numbers. In addition, Gempler’s has put in place reasonable procedural and technical standards to protect the security of the Sites and information Gempler’s maintains. However, Gempler’s cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. Gempler’s encourages User to take affirmative steps to protect themselves online, including ensuring that any online account information remains secure. User must also comply with the Terms of Access implemented by Gempler’s for this Site, if any.
Children Under the Age of 16. The Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and Gempler’s does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age. If User is under the age of 16 years, do not provide any information via this site, make purchases through this site, or provide any information about personal to Gempler’s, including User’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name User may have. If Gempler’s learns that it has collected or received personal information from a child under 16 years of age without verification of parental consent, Gempler’s will delete that information. If User believes that Gempler’s may have information from or about a child under 16 years of age, please contact Gempler’s by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail at PO Box 5175, Janesville, WI USA 53547‑5175, or by phone at 1‑800‑382‑8473.
Links. This Site contains links to other sites that are not owned, maintained, operated, or endorsed by or for Gempler’s and not subject to the same Privacy and other Policies. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply any recommendation or sponsorship of such sites. User should read the other site’s privacy policies to understand how personal information collected about User is used and protected.
Non-US User. The Site is operated in the United States. If User is located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information User provides to Gempler’s will be transferred to the United States and, by using the Site/giving information, User consents to such transfer and understands that the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of User’s country.
Policy Updates. From time to time Gempler’s may change its privacy policies because of changes in the relevant and applicable legal or regulatory requirements, changes in its business or business practices, or in its attempts to better serve its customers. Notice of any material changes in the manner in which Gempler’s handles personally identifiable information under this Policy will be provided on the Site. Please check the Site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the Site. By continuing to use the Site after Gempler’s posts any changes, User agrees to the terms of the updated policy.
Revised January 2019